I doubt you care, but I’m afraid I will be unable to continue in this relationship. We’ve grown apart and though I’ll always love you, but I’m just not IN love with you anymore. In fact, I kind of hate you. I’d like a divorce on the grounds of irreconcilable differences.
Baseball is, at its core, escapist entertainment. One turns to the game as a diversion from the grind of daily life, the constant irritations of interacting with annoying coworkers or terrible drivers on Route 80 or strangers who go over the 10 Items or Less at the grocery store. Why should I populate my escape with those same kinds of irritants, with those same frustrations, with those same bores?
Click on the thumbnail for a full updated bracket.
The field of 64 bad human beings has been whittled down to eight truly despicable people. If you bet chalk in this tournament, you’re doing well. All four top seeds have advanced to the Awful Eight, plus two 2 seeds and a 3 seed. But 7-seed Mike Tyson is a heart-warming story of an underdog horrible person defying the odds and rising above other really horrible people.
Can Mike Tyson continue his magical horrible run to the Final Four? Only your voting will tell. Vote below!
Mordor Regional Final
1. Carlton Dotson. Killed his teammate on the Baylor Bears. Anything worse than that? (72%, 31 Votes)
7. Mike Tyson. A convicted rapist, drug addict and cannibal. Possibly the baddest boxer who ever lived. Sings a mean Phil Collins cover. (28%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 43
Mos Eisley Regional Final
1. OJ Simpson. Killed two people. Friends with Kato Kaelin. (79%, 34 Votes)
2. Michael Vick. Killed dogs with his bare hands. (21%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 43
Skull Island Regional Final
1. Rae Carruth. Panthers WR who courageously paid someone to murder his 8-month pregnant girlfriend, then hid in the trunk of a car with jars of his own poo. (88%, 37 Votes)
2. Tonya Harding. Coordinated brutal physical assault on closest rival. Threatened to sue if she was removed from Olympic team. Figure skated for a living. (12%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 42
Newark Regional Final
1. Ben Roethlisberger. NFL's all-time league leader in blocking restroom doors to rape someone. (43%, 17 Votes)
3. Joey Barton. English soccer player who puts out cigars in childrens’ eyes and ends teammates careers with sucker punches during practice. Once broke pedestrian's leg with his car. (57%, 23 Votes)
Total Voters: 40
Check back Wednesday afternoon to vote on the Despicable Final Four!
People who have sent us helmets out of the kindness of their hearts:
Barb Buse Breen (and her aunt Ellen)
Kelly Farrell (and her sister Camille)
Kelly Grimm Joslin
Scott & Susan Mealey
Art & Anita Pena
Katie Caputo Roberts
Minor League teams that have generoulsy donated helmets to the collection:
New Britain Rock Cats
Oklahoma City Redhawks
Toledo Mud Hens
Wilmington Blue Rocks